KDV Press Release: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Continues Its Expansion in Florida With Larger Offices in Ft. Lauderdale
(August 14, 2018, Ft. Lauderdale, FL) — Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV) today announced that it has consolidated its Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton offices into larger, new space in Ft. Lauderdale, doubling the total space the firm has in Florida. The move is designed to support a growing roster of attorneys and staff and create a more collaborative environment for attorneys and clients to work together. Last month, professional liability partner Avery A. Dial joined KDV in Ft. Lauderdale and litigation associate Kevin Tragesser joined the firm last week.
“As we continue to add quality attorneys and expand our practice areas, this was the right time to bring our two Florida offices under one roof, in a well-regarded, centralized location from which we can continue to service our clients within and outside of Florida,” said Gregg Breitbart, co-managing partner of the KDV Florida office and co-chair of the Firm’s financial services practice group.
KDV now occupies more than 4,000 square feet at 100 SE 3rd Avenue, Suite 1500 in Ft. Lauderdale, also known as One Financial Plaza, or the Regions Building. Located in the downtown “Las Olas” district, the new offices are in close proximity to South Florida state and federal courts, three international airports and many other professional and social amenities.
“We are very excited about the opportunity to have all of our Florida lawyers together in a terrific new space as we continue to grow our Florida presence,” said Bruce S. Liebman, co-managing partner of the Florida office. “We are confident that this expansion will provide us with a great ‘home base’ for our clients, attorneys and staff for years to come.”
Lead KDV practices in Florida are:
- Financial services, including defense of investment professionals in FINRA arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory investigations, and related compliance services and counseling;
- Commercial litigation representing private businesses, public companies, insurance carriers, public entities, and municipalities in wide array of commercial disputes;
- Employment practices defense litigation, including representation of private companies, insurance carriers and their insureds in claims involving employment discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge and related workplace matters;
- Professional liability defense including representation of a broad range of individual professionals, firms and other entities in defending claims arising from the performance of their duties;
- Insurance coverage and litigation, representing international, national, and regional insurance carriers across a full spectrum of insurance lines.
“We are a full service firm serving Florida business and those doing business in Florida, and this new space reflects our commitment to the state,” said Michael A. Kaufman, co-managing partner of KDV. “We expect our Florida office to further enhance our key national practices.”