Bruce S. Liebman serves as co-managing partner of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP’s Florida offices and as co-chair of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. He has more than 20 years of experience practicing in the areas of labor and employment law, representing management in hundreds of matters before federal and state agencies and in federal and state court. Mr. Liebman has worked with dozens of EPLI, E&O, and D&O carriers in the representation of their insureds and works closely with clients to help them navigate the myriad of laws and regulations that govern the workplace, while defending them when necessary before agencies and in court. His practice includes defending medical professionals, lawyers, accountants, and insurance agents in malpractice and E&O claims.
His broad range of experience includes jury trials in employment discrimination and commercial litigation cases in federal court, including age and retaliation claims; day-to-day preventative counseling and advice; and training for supervisors and human resources personnel on managing the workplace and complying with Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations.
Mr. Liebman is also chair of the hospitality, entertainment & gaming practice group and is experienced on the representation of international and domestic hospitality companies and casinos in the area of liability, collections and gaming issues. He has over 20 reported cases on jurisdictional, venue selection and forum non conveniens issues from Federal Courts across the nation.
- U.S. District Court
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center – J.D.
- Tulane University – B.A.
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Fort Lauderdale Claims Association
- Represented Kerzner International Bahamas, Ltd., in a suit brought against the Atlantis by a Florida resident for a serious injury sustained on a water slide. The case dismissed on forum selection and forum non conveniens. Sabino v. Kerzner International Bahamas Ltd., No. 12-22715-CIV-MCALILEY, 2014 WL 7474763 (S.D. Fla. January 9, 2014)
- Represented Kerzner International, Ltd., in a suit brought by a California resident in Florida Federal Court as surviving spouse, alleging Kerzner defendants failed to properly respond to the heart attack and subsequent death of the plaintiff. The case was dismissed on both forum selection clause and forum non conveniens. 11th Circuit Affirmed 2012. Bell v. Kerzner International Ltd., No. 10 -23755, 2011 U.S. Dist LEXIS 155097 (S.D. Fla July 14, 2011)
- Represented Kerzner International Hotels, Ltd., affirming the District Court’s dismissal on forum selection clause for a waterslide injury case at Atlantis. Krenkel v. Kerzner International Hotels Ltd., 579 F.3d 1279 (11th Cir 2009)
- Represented Kerzner International Resorts, Inc., in a personal injury claim brought by an Illinois resident against the resort. The State Appellate Court reversed the denial of Atlantis’ Motion to Dismiss the case, which was dismissed on forum non conveniens grounds. Raines v. Kerzner International Resorts, Inc. 33 Fla. L. Weekly D1545 (Fla. 3d DCA June 11, 2008) Raines v. Kerzner International Resorts Inc. , Case No. 08-60757 CIV-GRAHM/TORRES (S.D. Fla. Feb, 27, 2009) (same).
- Represented Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC., et al, in a suit brought by a Massachusetts subcontractor against Atlantis, a development company and a general contractor for injuries sustained while doing construction at the hotel. The case was dismissed for forum non conveniens. Guathier v. Driftwood Hospitality Management LLC, et al., Case No. 08-05923 CA 09 (Miami-Dade County Ct. January 12, 2009)
- Represented Kerzner International Resorts, Inc., in a suit brought by a Maryland resident in Maryland Federal Court for severe boating injury while staying at Atlantis. The case was dismissed on personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens grounds. Son v. Kerzner International Resorts, Inc., No. AW-07-1060 (S.D. MD. April 27, 2007) Son v. Kerzner International Resorts, Inc., No. 07-61171-CIV-MARRA, 2008 WL 4186979 (S.D. Fla. September 5, 2008) (dismissed on forum non conveniens).
- Represented Kerzner International Hotels, Ltd., in a suit brought by an Illinois resident in Florida Federal Court for a jet ski accident at Atlantis. The case was dismissed for forum non conveniens and forum selection clause. Horberg v. Kerzner International Hotels Ltd., No. 07-20250-CIV-UNGARO, 2007 WL 7274825 (S.D. FLA 31, 2007)
- Represented Sun International Hotels, Ltd., in a suit brought by New Jersey residents in Florida Federal Court for an alleged abduction from Atlantis. The case was dismissed on forum non conveniens. Morrone v. Sun International Hotels Ltd., No. 05-61600-CIV- Seitz/McAliley (S.D. Fla. Sept. 25, 2005)
- Represented Sun International Hotel, in a case dismissed on forum non conveniens, whereby a New York resident filed suit against the hotel in Florida State Court arising from an injury sustained in a jet ski accident at Atlantis. Dross v. Sun International Hotel, Case No. 02-012155 CACE (21) (Broward County Ct March 24, 2003)
- Represented Atlantis Resorts & Casinos in a case dismissed on forum non conveniens, whereby a California resident brought suit in California Federal Court against the resort, alleging rape by an employee of the hotel. Dangler v. Atlantis Resorts & Casino, Case No. CIV S-01-1228 WBS DAD (E.D. CA August 1, 2002)
- Represented Sun International Hotels, Ltd., in a suit brought by David Foster, Hollywood producer and piano player, who sued Atlantis when he fell and broke his hand, The case was dismissed for forum non conveniens by the Federal Court in Miami. 11th Circuit Affirmed 2002. Foster v. Sun International Hotels Ltd, No, 01-1290- CIV –KING, 2002 WL 34576251 (S.D. Fla. February 5, 2002)