Vince Green is a trial attorney who defends professionals including attorneys, directors and officers, real estate agents and brokers, insurance agents and brokers, accountants and architects. He also represents insurance companies as coverage, monitoring, and litigating counsel in coverage matters. Mr. Green also focuses on employment litigation including wrongful termination, breach of contract, discrimination, wage and hour issues and privacy rights.
Additionally, Mr. Green has successfully defended breach of contract claims brought by a major search engine company against an ad traffic developer, defended collection agencies, debt collection law firms and telemarketing firms against claims of violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA), the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (RFDCPA) and for violations of the California Business and Professions code. As a result of this experience, Mr. Green is often sought after to domesticate other state and foreign money judgments.
Mr. Green has broad experience in successfully defending general liability claims including wrongful death, housing discrimination, premises liability and products liability. He has also successfully defended breach of contract claims for companies in the entertainment industry.
He began his legal career in California working on first-party property matters with a heavy focus on taking examinations under oath (EUO) for one of the country’s largest insurance companies. Before entering private practice Mr. Green served as an Army JAGC in Germany and Kansas where he tried 45 felony jury trials with acquittals in murder, robbery and sexual assault cases. He was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal and the Army Commendation Medal for his service.
Prior to moving to California, Mr. Green served two terms in the South Dakota House of Representatives and was elected assistant minority leader of the house. He also clerked for Justice Robert Morgan of the South Dakota Supreme Court.
Mr. Green is the author of three courtroom novels, The Price of Victory (NAL/Dutton 1993), Extreme Justice (Pocket 1995)and The Price of Justice (Endeavour 2016).
- South Dakota
- Washburn University School of Law – J.D.
- University of Virginia – M.F.A.
- Henry Hoyns Fellow in fiction writing
- University of Michigan – B.G.S.
- magna cum laude
- ROTC Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs & Shapiro, LLP v. Goff (2011) 194 Cal.App.4th 423
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Title IX Investigations Expand Dramatically, Daily Journal
- Walking the Tightrope: The Delicate Balancing Act of Defending Low Limit Legal Malpractice Cases, PLUS Journal, by Vincent S. Green
- When are lawyers really out of the case?, Daily Journal
- These Five Things Keep Clients Happy, The Recorder
- Your Business: Seven Habits of Effective Billers, The Recorder
- Arbitration Provisions in Contracts: The High Hurdle in Obtaining a Right to Attach Order and Writ of Attachment, Valley Lawyer