Timothy M. Ortolani concentrates his practice in the areas of general liability, maritime, and commercial litigation. Since joining KDV, Mr. Ortolani has gained experience in and assisted in the successful litigation of numerous matters in state and federal court, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to joining KDV, Mr. Ortolani served as law clerk to the Honorable Thomas R. Vena at the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County. While a law clerk, he drafted several judicial opinions spanning a wide variety of legal issues, and successfully mediated several cases before they proceeded to trial.
During Mr. Ortolani’s time at Seton Hall Law School, he served as a student attorney for the Immigration and Human Rights Clinic at the Center for Social Justice. He also served as a judicial intern to both the Honorable Robert H. Gardner at the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, and to the Honorable Novalyn L. Winfield in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court
– District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law– J.D.
- Providence College – B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- “Statistical Sampling to Establish Liability Under the False Claims Act: A Liberty Deprivation and a Due Process Violation,” Law School Student Scholarship, by Timothy Ortolani
- “Law School Clinic Experience Gave Me the Chance to Provide Hope,” Off the Record – Seton Hall’s Official Blog, by Timothy Ortolani