Susan Baker focuses her practice in professional liability bringing nearly two decades of complex litigation practice experience to a wide variety of clients. Ms. Baker’s expertise includes legal malpractice, especially in claims by bankruptcy trustees involving allegations of ethical breaches by debtors’ counsel. She manages all aspects of civil litigation in cases involving transactional disputes, partnership dissolutions, construction defect matters, property disputes, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, and intellectual property litigation. She has extensive experience before both state and federal Courts of Appeal at all levels, with published opinions on a variety of topics primarily arising out of professional liability defense matters.
Previously, Ms. Baker represented attorney Johnnie L. Cochran in a First Amendment dispute decided by the United States Supreme Court (Tory v. Cochran, 2005). She also is a licensed pilot and used this background in the representation of pilots and aircraft manufacturers.
- U.S. District Courts
- Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- McGeorge School of Law – J.D.
- With Honors
- California State university – B.A.
- With high Honors
- American Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Council
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association