Steven Heyligers focuses his practice on general liability defense, defense of the Jones Act, Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act, and general maritime law actions. He handles the defense of medical malpractice and non-medical malpractice matters. He also has favorably resolved multiple contract disputes for clients.
While in law school, Mr. Heyligers had several notable internships, including interning for the Honorable Ellen Greenberg. During law school, he was admitted to practice under a student practice order with the Federal Tax Clinic Practicum and represented clients against the Internal Revenue Service. Prior to attending law school, he worked for YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities and in the litigation department of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. Following law school, Mr. Heyligers practiced personal injury, commercial litigation, and medical malpractice defense.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law – J.D.
- University of Vermont – B.A.
- Philip Walsh v. 333 Bronx River Tenants Corp., et al., 69318/2017 (Sup. Ct. Westchester Cty. 2020) – Successfully obtained grant of summary judgment, dismissing case involving double amputation and severe 3rd degree burns where the firm’s client, a CO-OP building owner, was alleged to have negligently maintained a boiler system within the building.