Shawnell Russell focuses her practice in professional liability and labor and employment law on behalf of management. Ms. Russell has extensive litigation experience in both state and federal courts, and has worked on professional liability defense matters, as well as plaintiffs’ personal injury and employment matters. She has represented attorneys and other professionals in a broad range of actions involving malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, malicious prosecution, breach of contract, fee disputes, and other litigation.
While in law school, Ms. Russell was an Associate Editor of the Southwestern Journal of International Law and a Writer for the Moot Court Honors Program. She received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award and Witkin Award for Academic Excellence for receiving the highest grade in her Legal Analysis, Writing, & Skills course.
- United States District Court
- Central District of California
• Southwestern University School of Law – J.D.
• Loyola Marymount University – B.A.
- David B. Owen & Shawnell J. Russell, Mandatory Attorney Fee Arbitration, CALIFORNIA LAWYER (2016)