For more than 20 years, Scott K. Murch has focused his practice on insurance coverage, advising insurers under both occurrence and claims-made policies. He provides coverage advice under commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, employment practices liability, errors and omissions, homeowners liability, property insurance and other types of policies.
In addition to providing coverage advice, Mr. Murch has also represented insurers in litigated matters of various kinds through trial and appeal. These have included declaratory relief cases, rescission actions, claims for contribution and indemnification, actions for reimbursement of defense or settlement costs, and defense of bad faith cases.
He has also assisted insurance carriers on both claims and underwriting in implementing best practices for risk management. Additionally, he has helped carriers in drafting manuscript endorsements and provided guidance on underwriting issues.
Mr. Murch also has considerable experience defending professionals sued for malpractice, including attorneys, insurance agents, and financial and real estate brokers, through arbitration or trial and appeal. He has also represented homeowner associations in both litigated and non-litigated matters.
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit
- Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law – J.D. cum laude
- University of California, San Diego – B.A.
- State Bar of California
- California Real Estate Broker (DRE #2157331)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell