Scott Miller’s practice includes all manner of construction law and complex litigation. Scott represents construction managers, general contractors, crane companies and property owners in suits brought against them in construction defect claims, construction accidents, issues of code violations, and building and design-related deficiencies. He has significant experience handling sophisticated transactional work for design professionals.
Scott also focuses his practice in representation and defense of many non-medical professionals including real estate agents, employment agents and insurance agents, in E&O claims and suits made against their professional licensing. He has experience representing and defending for profit and non-profit boards and their directors in D&O matters, as well as corporations and public entities in commercial transactions, product liability suits and toxic tort litigation.
Scott represents national and global insurance carriers, in a broad array of insurance coverage disputes involving primary and excess policies issues. He is experienced handling every phase of these matters, including consultations, opinions, litigation and appeals; where policy cancellations, notice of claims, exclusions, reformations and other issues are in dispute.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law – J.D.
- Hofstra University – B.A.
- New York State Bar Association, Mass Disaster Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Special Committee on Volunteer Lawyers
- DANY (Defense Association of New York)
- DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- CLM (Claim Litigation Management Alliance)