Sameka Thompson is an Associate in our Fort Lauderdale, Fla. office who focuses on Insurance Coverage and Litigation.
She provides coverage advice to insurance company clients and represents them in all facets of litigation with particular emphasis on first-party, third-party liability and construction defect coverage matters.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Thompson handled 1st-party insurance coverage claims and has also defended clients in various general liability matters including employment discrimination, community associations, and commercial litigation. Additionally, she brings an eleven-year background in education, including having served as a teacher for Broward County Schools.
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- National African American Insurance Association – FL, Board Director & Programming Chair
- The Florida Bar, Law-Related Education Committee
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers – Broward County Chapter
- Broward County Bar Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association