Samantha F. Lamberg has over 25 years of experience representing businesses, homeowners’ associations, individuals, and trustees in assorted complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution. Her areas of focus include real estate, business, employment, and intellectual property law and litigation. Ms. Lamberg is a Martindale AV-rated attorney.
Ms. Lamberg has skillfully expanded a niche practice representing homeowners and homeowners’ associations in local zoning and planning disputes, including view preservation matters, both in court and before municipalities and associations. She also handles a wide variety of commercial, contract and probate litigation, including corporate, partnership, and shareholder disputes, commercial lease disputes, shopping center and association matters, will and trust contests and trustee disputes, and specific performance, partition, easement, and boundary cases.
Ms. Lamberg’s employment litigation practice focuses on representing and counseling small to mid-size employers in defense and alternative resolution of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims. She additionally handles non-compete, trade secret, defamation, privacy, and wage disputes, and provides employers preventive counseling to minimize the risk of employee litigation.
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A.
Selected Significant Matters
- Successfully defended major public agency against action brought by contractor relating to seismic retrofit of prominent local bridge by (i) prevailing on summary judgment on multiple claims, and (ii) defeating appeal of summary judgment ruling
- Anchor retailer representation involving major shopping center disputes, including assorted litigation involving commercial lease disputes, CAM disputes, and weights and measures issues
Successful representation of Fortune 500 company in assorted commercial disputes
- Successfully defended and settled assorted wrongful termination and harassment claims against large West Coast timeshare developer, and obtained nuisance settlements and successful ADR outcomes in various wrongful termination, harassment and wage and hour claims brought against Southern California physician practices, manufacturers, developers, restaurants and other small to mid-size businesses
- Successfully represented homeowners and homeowners’ associations at the association, municipal and state court levels in a wide variety of planning, zoning and compliance-related matters, including view preservation, neighborhood compatibility, Davis-Stirling issues, and interpretation and enforcement of CC&Rs
- Successfully represented shareholders, limited liability company members, and partners in litigated business dissolutions, and through buyouts obviating need for trial and other creative solutions
- Successfully defended, represented, and advised trustees and beneficiaries in various trust administration matters, including removal actions, enforcement of no contest clauses, and alleged breach of fiduciary duty and accounting proceedings
- Successfully prosecuted case for theft of intellectual property, obtaining permanent injunction against use of trade secrets
- Successfully obtained judgment via terminating sanctions in dispute between U.S. subsidiaries of Japanese corporations, and assisted with domestication and enforcement of judgment against parent company in Japan
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell