Robert A. Shipley represents architects, engineers and other design professionals in a wide variety of matters including professional liability defense, contract drafting, review and negotiation, risk assessment and management, dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation. He has expertise in insurance issues facing design professionals and the various types of coverages on construction projects. Mr. Shipley also focuses his practice in civil litigation involving complex commercial, insurance and tort litigation and general business counseling, as well as Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
An experienced trial attorney, he has in excess of 100 cases to verdict and has successfully argued cases in the Illinois Appellate Court. Mr. Shipley is a certified mediator and panel arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
- U.S. District Court
– Northern District of Illinois
- U. S. Court of Appeals – Seventh Circuit
- Northern Illinois University College of Law – J.D.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – B.A.
- DePaul University Center for Dispute Resolution
Member, Lawyers of Distinction
AV® Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™