Rina Bersohn concentrates her practice in business and financial services litigation. She represents broker-dealers and associated persons in FINRA securities arbitration proceedings involving allegations of unauthorized trading, suitability violations, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and failure to supervise. She also defends broker-dealers in connection with intra-industry disputes.
In addition, Ms. Bersohn represents companies of various sizes in employment litigation matters. She defends employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations in court and before administrative agencies.
Prior to joining KDV, Ms. Bersohn worked as a Staff Attorney at FINRA Dispute Resolution, Inc. She has also represented investors in securities arbitration proceedings from inception to conclusion, including motion practice, mediations, and arbitration hearings. Ms. Bersohn has also defended escrow companies in real estate litigation matters.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- New Jersey
- Central District of California
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University – J.D.
- Columbia University – B.A.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s NASD/NYSE Integration Team Award (2007)
- Above and Beyond Award, National Association Of Securities Dealers (2006)
- President’s Award, National Association Of Securities Dealers (2005)
- KDV Employment Law Alert: The Supreme Court Resolves Circuit Split by Determining that Limitations Period for Constructive Discharge Claims Runs From the Date of Discharge, Not From Date of Last Discriminatory Act
- KDV Employment Law Alert: NLRB Reverses Decades of Precedent for New Joint Employer Standard
- Economic Loss Doctrine Gains Viability as Defense to Financial Claims, New Jersey Law Journal