Richard C. Greenberg is an AV-rated attorney focusing his practice on real estate and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in transactional real estate law including purchases, sales, financing and leasing of real property, corporate governance, private offerings, acquisitions, and mergers. He represents private and public sector clients in state and federal courts for complex business, real estate and construction dispute matters.
Mr. Greenberg also represents clients as general counsel, providing advice on corporate governance and across a broad range of legal business concerns. Mr. Greenberg also represents private and public clients in select litigation matters in state and federal courts, including complex business, real estate and construction disputes, both at the trial level, and on appeal. Mr. Greenberg has also served as a mediator and arbitrator, and frequently represents clients in the arbitration, mediation or other informal resolution of business and real estate disputes.
After 40 years of a successful practice Greenberg, Whitcombe, Takeuchi, Gibson & Grayver, LLP joined with Kaufman Dolowich, & Voluck, LLP in 2022, to better serve the needs of the business and real estate industries.
Mr. Greenberg’s in-depth experience enables him to understand clients’ business plans and objectives to provide perspective on the risks and rewards of pending or prospective litigation.
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals
- Harvard Law School, LL.B/J.D.
- Colgate University, B. A., cum laude
Selected Significant Matters
- Trial counsel for public entity in defense of multi-million dollar claim by contractor for extra work
- Trial counsel for community association in defense of homeowner claim for breach of community association covenants, conditions and restrictions
- Trial counsel for composer for violation of copyright
- Trial counsel for seller of alternative energy product to syndicator in defense of investor claims of security violations and fraud
- Trial counsel for various shopping center developers and owners in a wide variety of actions ranging from tenant disputes to land use, eminent domain and construction defect matters
- Trial counsel for physician group in defense of wrongful discharge claim
- Successful appeal and reversal of dismissal of complaint against vendor of defective building materials
- Successful defense of appeal from dismissal of general contractor’s claim against public agency
- Successful defense of appeal from dismissal of action for lack of subject matter jurisdiction
- Representation of marina operator in restructuring of long-term ground lease
- Representation of purchasers of $17,625,000 shopping center
- Representation of owners of shopping center in $8,250,000 refinancing
- Representation of owners of shopping center in $19,250,000 sale of shopping center
- Representation of shopping center client in $46,000,000 refinance
- Representation of client in restructure and purchase of dental group
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell