Rashmee Rayna Sinha focuses her practice on labor and employment counseling and litigation.
As a logical, strategic, and pro-active employment defense attorney, Ms. Sinha has a proven track record of extricating clients from suit in the early stages of litigation. She primarily handles claims under Employment Practices Liability Insurance, Directors and Officers and Errors and Omissions policies related to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate, whistle-blower, and wrongful discharge on the basis of protected categories (i.e. age, sex, disability, race, gender, national origin, religion, pregnancy etc.). In addition, she handles class/collective action wage and hour suits filed under federal and state law. She is experienced in managing all aspects of litigation, often complex, through summary judgment. Ms. Sinha provides day-to-day counseling on HR compliance issues and oversees hiring, on-boarding, disciplinary actions, leave requests, terminations, and benefits.
Ms. Sinha is experienced in all areas of employment litigation in both federal and state courts. She has defended administrative proceedings and regulatory compliance investigations before numerous employment practice agencies including the EEOC, and the federal and state Department of Labor and the Department of Health. She has worked with and been endorsed by many insurance carriers in employment practices litigation. She has also been called upon to speak at annual training seminars for a carrier rated Superior “A+ XIII” by A.M. Best.
Rashmee represents employers from industries including healthcare, construction, financial services, property management, insurance, technology, transportation, building services, hotel and hospitality, retail, manufacturing, power and energy, and pharmaceutical.
She also counsels employers on employment and compliance issues including employment policies, contracts, discipline, terminations, leaves of absence, accommodations, complaints, investigations, benefits, proprietary information, restrictive covenants, reorganizations, and executive compensation.
Prior to joining the firm, Rashmee was a member of the Employment Practices Group at a top tier law firm. She interned for The Honorable Magistrate Judge Ronald Hedges in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Rashmee is an active member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, the Commerce Industry Association of New Jersey, the Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Asian American Hotel Owners Association, and the Asian Indian Chamber of Commerce. Rashmee was selected as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers® in the Employment Litigation: Defense category consecutively for the past four years, 2015-2019.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D.
- Boston University – B.A., International Relations & Economics
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) – Management/PL Trend Advisor
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- New York Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Emerging Leader Award, Visionary Lions Club, 2013.
- RSUI Insurance, Atlanta GA – 2017, 2018
- Leading Age, New Jersey, 2017, 2018
- WeWorks FoodLabs, 2019
- NJ Employment Law Hot Topics, 2019
- Coronavirus – What Should Employers Do? February 2020