Mikel Glavinovich’s insurance coverage and litigation practice focuses on the representation of insurers in professional liability coverage matters and litigation involving professional liability and D&O policies. She represents insurance agents and brokers and others in professional liability disputes. She also handles appellate matters and civil tort defense as well as alternative dispute resolution and litigation management.
Ms. Glanovich has negotiated settlements, and drafted contracts on behalf of joint defense counsel. She has drafted guidelines for insurers to use in the course of settlement negotiation, and drafted insurance policy language for use by national insurance carriers. She has provided pro bono counsel to the SSI Children’s Coalition, the Alliance for Children’s Rights, FREEPLAY, the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Domestic Violence Project and continues to serve as an attorney proctor for the Redondo Beach Teen Court.
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
- University of Arizona College of Law – J.D.
- Williamette University – B.A., Economics and English
- South Bay Bar Association
- California Bar Association – Appellate Practice
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Women’s Law Center
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Christ Church Episcopal, Holiday Giving Chair
- Anchorage Youth Court in Anchorage, Alaska – Founder
- Benjamin Aranda III Inn of Court
- FREEPLAY Award for Pro Bono Contributions
- University of Arizona, Moot Court, Honorable Mention
- NAIA All-American, Swimming
- “Tales from the Corporate Trail: The California Supreme Court Clarifies Insurance Rules for Policy Assignment between Corporate Successors,” Mealey’s Litigation Report: Insurance (March 11, 2003)
- “International Suggestions for Improving Parental Leave in the United States,” 13 Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law 147 (1996)
- Ms. Glavinovich’s research has also been cited in the Harvard Journal on Law and Gender