Michael E. Adler brings a wealth of business expertise in addition to his accomplished legal and educational background. His law practice encompasses a wide range of transactional matters, including the formation, acquisition, and sale of business and real estate entities. He represents business and real estate clients in all facets of legal and business matters, from both a transactional as well as a litigation perspective.
Mr. Adler has served as a senior executive of both private and public companies, providing oversight of business and legal needs, including negotiation and documentation of business acquisitions and real estate transactions. His extensive business, legal and real estate background enables him to resolve transactional and litigation needs efficiently and economically.
In addition to a law degree, Mr. Adler has a California real estate brokers license, and is a member of the National Association of Realtors. He was formerly the President of Informa Research Services, Inc., which provides competitive intelligence and market research to clients worldwide.
Mr. Adler is a life-long, active volunteer at his Alma Mater, the University of Southern California. He currently serves on the USC Associates Board of Directors, and served on the USC Board of Trustees from 2016 – 2021. In 2015, he was President of USC Alumni Association Board of Governors, after serving since 2007, with a brief stint from 1992 to 1994. Mr. Adler’s volunteer career with USC began more than 30 years ago with USC’s Athletic Department where he served as a member of its Board of Counselors and its Chairman from 2011 to 2014. Mr. Adler also served on the school’s Marshall Partners, which is the Dean’s advisory board for USC’s Marshall School of Business
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- University of Southern California, M.B.A.
- University of Southern California, B.A. magna cum laude
- Stonier Graduate School of Banking, Diploma, With Distinction
- California Bar Association
- California Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- YPO (Young Presidents Organization) Gold Pacific U.S.
Selected Significant Matters
- Representation of both buyers and sellers in small to medium size merger, sale, acquisition, dissolution and financing transactions, including pawn shops, printing businesses, recuperative care centers, special needs schools, non-profit organizations, and assorted service-related businesses
- Formation and maintenance of multiple types of entities, including limited partnerships, LLCs, corporations, and joint ventures, and ongoing representation concerning corporate governance and other legal issues facing businesses
- Representation of businesses and individuals in a wide array of transactions and business matters, including labor and employment, real estate transactions, distribution both domestically and internationally, development, and compliance issues
- Compliance testing for regional and mega banks on fair lending and UDAP through the use of matched pairs t- tests to analyze disparate treatment on protected classes
- Represented publicly traded company as creditor in fraudulent bankruptcy filing, obtaining both favorable recovery and imposition of sanctions against debtor and debtor’s attorney
- Represented plaintiffs in specific performance action, obtaining judgment on all claims and recovery of all plaintiffs’ attorneys’ fees and costs
- Successful prosecution of personal injury action, including identification of additional insurance coverage, resulting in six figure recovery
- Successful representation of assorted businesses and individuals in breach of contract, fraud, and unfair business practices claims
- Successful representation of businesses and individuals in insurance coverage disputes, including matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, theft, and property damage claims