Megan E. Yllanes is Co-Chair of the General Liability Defense Practice Group and Co-Chair of KDV’s Women’s Initiative. She concentrates her practice in the areas of construction law and general liability with an emphasis on defending property owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, and trade/sub-contractors with respect to personal injury and property damage actions arising from construction accidents including negligence and New York Labor Law Sections 200, 240 and 241(6) claims. Ms. Yllanes handles various other types of insurance defense cases involving high exposure automobile negligence and premises liability. In addition, Ms. Yllanes specializes in defending vertical transportation matters arising out of elevator and escalator personal injury representing prominent and well-known companies in the greater New York Metropolitan area.
Ms. Yllanes previously served as a Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Ronald D. Wigler, P.J.S.C.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- Cornell University – B.S.
- cum laude
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Contractors can still be liable for failures years after project completion, Construction Dive, ft. Megan Yllanes
- How I Became Practice Group Co-Chair, Law.com, Megan Yllanes
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes Three to Partner, Elevates Three to Counsel, From Five Offices
- First and Second Departments Differ on Issue of Workers Injured While on Break or Entering/Exiting a Construction Site, New York Law Journal
- Housing Market Discrimination: Analysis of impact case and its effect on builders/developers, NYREG, by Andrew Richards and Megan Yllanes