Megan E. Yllanes is a partner in the firm’s Long Island office. She is also a Co-Chair of the General Liability Defense Practice Group and Co-Chair of KDV’s Women’s Initiative. She concentrates her practice in the areas of construction law and general liability with an emphasis on defending property owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, and trade/sub-contractors with respect to personal injury and property damage actions arising from construction accidents including negligence and New York Labor Law Sections 200, 240 and 241(6) claims. Ms. Yllanes also has experience in the field of vertical transportation representing prominent and well-known elevator and escalator companies in the greater New York Metropolitan area.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Yllanes worked at a New Jersey based firm with a focus in commercial litigation, professional liability, and bankruptcy law. She also served as a Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Ronald D. Wigler, P.J.S.C.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- Cornell University – B.S.
- cum laude
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes Three to Partner, Elevates Three to Counsel, From Five Offices
- First and Second Departments Differ on Issue of Workers Injured While on Break or Entering/Exiting a Construction Site, New York Law Journal
- Housing Market Discrimination: Analysis of impact case and its effect on builders/developers, NYREG, by Andrew Richards and Megan Yllanes