Matthew J. Minero has more than 17 years of experience in construction law, surety law and commercial litigation, as well as general liability, and errors and omissions defense for architects, engineers, land surveyors and accountants. He represents property owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, trade/sub-contractors, architects, engineers, land surveyors, material suppliers, suppliers and surety companies with respect to construction law, professional malpractice, negligence claims (including Labor Law section 240(1) claims), and toxic tort claims. His experience encompasses both private construction and public improvement projects. Mr. Minero also renders advice to clients during a project to avoid post-project litigation. His commercial litigation experience includes shareholder disputes, employment disputes, fraud claims, discrimination claims, intellectual property disputes, trademark and licensing issues, defense of directors and officers, “cyber liability” and problems with user agreements, and general commercial disputes. Mr. Minero also represents manufacturers alleged to have been negligent in the design, manufacturing and testing of their products.
Mr. Minero was an award-winning college football player, setting several school and conference place kicking records and was named Division III All-American in 1993. Following his college football career, he earned tryouts with the National Football League’s Philadelphia Eagles and the Arena Football League’s Albany Firebirds.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
- St. John’s University School of Law – J.D.
- Court Honor Society
- Swarthmore College – B.A.
- Nichols-Sisson v. Windstar Airport Serv., Inc., 99 A.D. 3d 770 (2d Dept, 2012)
- Acosta v. Cooke Center for Learning and Development, 16.N.Y. 3d 309, 921 N.Y.S.2d633 (2011)
- O’Connor v. Greenburg – Graham Union Free School District, 11 A.D. 3d 616, 782 N.Y.S. 2d 663 (2d Dept. 2004)