Maritza Gomez focuses her practice on Employment and Labor Law. She represents national and local corporations in all areas of labor and employment law in Florida and Puerto Rico, including matters dealing with Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Florida Civil Rights Act, Florida Minimum Wage Act, Florida Whistleblower Act and Puerto Rico employment laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gomez was a Partner at a national firm representing employers. She also owned and operated her own law firm and worked as a Trial Attorney for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Miami District Office. She frequently prepares and conducts employment law seminars for professional associations.
Maritza Gomez is fully bilingual in English and Spanish. She is also conversational in French.
- Puerto Rico
- Tulane University Law School, LL.M.
- Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Oral Roberts University, B.S.
- Latina Commissioner, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Regional Reception Committee, National Employment Law Council
- Puerto Rican Bar Association of Florida
- Judiciary Committee, Puerto Rican Bar Association of Florida
- Annual Conference Planning Committee, National Employment Law Council
- Diversity Committee, National Association of Women Lawyers
- Former Finance Committee, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2015 – 2016
- Former Deputy General Counsel for Employment Law Matters, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2014 – 2015
- Former Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Section, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2012 – 2013
- September 24, 2021, Co-Chair, Latina Leadership Academy, Hispanic National Bar Association , Annual Conference- Co- hosting HBNA Annual Conference’s Latina Leadership Academy Program
- Annual Hispanic National Bar Association’s (HNBA) Annual Conference : Becoming a Culturally Competent Lawyer in a Global Society
- 2021 Panelist, Handling Workplace Bullying and Practical Tips for Preparing for a Threat of Violence,” Hispanic National Bar Association, Annual Conference