Marion Cruz is a senior litigation associate in Kaufman Dolowich and Voluck’s San Francisco office. She focuses her practice in employment law, professional liability and general liability matters. Her related practice areas include, but are not limited to, labor and employment law on behalf of management, employment discrimination and workplace harassment, whistleblower and retaliation claims, and professional liability/errors and omissions.
Ms. Cruz has handled bench and jury civil trials to verdict and has argued and defended appeals in state and federal court. She has been admitted to the Illinois and California state bars and federal district courts in both states. She is Trial Advocacy certified by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA).
Prior joining the firm, Ms. Cruz managed mass tort and complex civil litigation matters at the San Francisco office of a national defense firm. She has experience handling litigation defense for insurance companies and corporations in contract, toxic tort, products liability, construction, personal injury, premises liability, and complex civil and catastrophic injury matters, including trials and appeals.
Prior to moving her practice to San Francisco, she was a managing associate of civil litigation at a Sacramento law firm where she litigated labor and employment discrimination matters and represented clients in employment, labor and contract disputes.
Before returning to California, where Ms. Cruz attended the University of California, Berkeley for her undergraduate degree, she practiced in Chicago, Illinois at a national plaintiff’s law firm where she litigated personal injury, civil rights and discrimination matters to verdict.
- U.S. Court of Appeals
– Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court
– Northern District of California
– Eastern District of California
– Central District of California
- U.S. District Court
– Northern District of Illinois
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law – J.D.
- University of California Berkeley – B.A.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- California Women Lawyers
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (AABA-Chicago), Member and Past President of Affiliate
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago (AABA-Chicago), Past President
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2011, 2012)