Marc Voses is an experienced litigator and advisor to domestic and international insurers and reinsurers, and insurance industry participants. He has handled complex coverage issues arising under insurance policies including cyber and data and privacy, technology and media, professional and management liability, environmental, and commercial general liability. His litigation experience includes representation in trial and appeals, and state and federal courts throughout the United States, as well as in domestic and international arbitrations.
Mr. Voses also assists insurers in drafting insurance policies, including data breaches, cyber-attacks, HIPAA violations and electronic fraud, and those covering hydrofracking risks. He is frequently requested to speak on the subjects of insurance coverage, cyber liability, management liability and hydrofracking risks.
Mr. Voses has represented insurance industry clients in regulatory investigations before the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Department of Homeland Security, Securities and Exchange Commission, and various state and district offices of the Attorney General.
A graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, Mr. Voses served as Chief Justice of the Moot Court Honor Society. While attending St. John’s University College, where he graduated with the distinction of magna cum laude, Mr. Voses was President of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society and a member of Beta Alpha Psi Honor Society. Following undergraduate studies, Mr. Voses worked in the audit and attestation group of Deloitte.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- St. John’s University School of Law – J.D.
- Chief Justice, Moot Court Honor Society
- St. John’s University College of Business Administration – B.A.
- magna cum laude
- President, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Beta Alpha Psi Honor Society
- Millennium Partners, L.P. v. Select Ins. Co., 24 Misc.3d 212, 882 N.Y.S.2d 849 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2009), aff’ d, 68 A.D.3d 420, 889 N.Y.S.2d 575 (1st Dep’t 2009), appeal dismissed 14 N.Y.3d 856 (2010)
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc. v. TrueBlue, Inc., 601 F.Supp.2d 502 (E.D.N.Y. 2009)
- Schwartz v. Twin City Fire Insurance Co., et al., 492 F.Supp.2d 308 (S.D.N.Y.2007), aff’ d. sub nom Schwartz v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co., 539 F.3d 135 (2nd Cir.2008)
- HSA Residential Mortgage Services of Texas v. Joseph Casuccio, et al., 350 F.Supp.2d 352 (E.D.N.Y. 2003)
- Successfully represented insurer in a coverage litigation involving an insured that is seeking coverage under a CGL policy for a third-party cyber attack resulting in a data breach that gave rise to class actions, which have been consolidated in a MDL proceeding.
- Successfully represented an insurer in a dispute with a policyholder concerning coverage under a professional E&O policy.
- Successfully represented insurer in a coverage litigation against a private equity firm that seeks coverage for claims arising out of professional services related to mortgage backed securities.
- Sucessfully represented insured in a class action litigation in California arising out of an alleged data breach involving personal health information.
- Successfully represented insurer in environmental coverage litigation arising out of the alleged spill of thousands of gallons of petroleum product into an eastern Long Island waterway.
- Successfully advised an insurance broker concerning allegations of failure to timely place cyber/privacy/data breach insurance.
- Successfully represented insured in a novel case involving allegations of breach of privacy rights resulting from the broadcast of a healthcare documentary.
- Retained by a syndicate to represent its insureds in high severity cases, involving architects and engineers, accountants, lawyers and contractors involved with public and private projects.
- Successfully represented a program agent in litigation involving claims of tortious interference with its exclusive program.
- Successfully represented insurance industry participants in disputes involving non-competition/non-solicitation agreements.
- Counseled accountants, lawyers and healthcare providers on the emerging risk of data loss and theft.
- Sucessfully represented a healthcare provider in a lawsuit involving allegations of wrongful death for negligently failing to hire, train and supervise independent contractors.
- How To Use Insurance To Shield Against Cryptocurrency Risks, Law360, ft. Ivan Dolowich and Marc Voses
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Predictions For 2018, Law360, ft. Tad Devlin & Marc Voses
- Shields up: Prepare your Cyberdefenses, PIA Magazine, by Marc S. Voses
- Understanding Cyberattack Liabilities, No Jitters, ft. Marc Voses
- For hospitals defending against cyberattacks, patch management remains a struggle, Fierce Healthcare, ft. Marc Voses
- Global Cyberattack Exposes Big Liabilities For Simple Fixes, Law360, ft. Marc Voses
- Businesses and Their Insurers Face Threat from Ransomware, National Underwriter
- Even for unlimited plans, Uber must pay, Daily Journal, by Marc Voses & Chang Liu
- Network-connected Medical Devices: In the Cyber Crosshairs, Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor by Marc S. Moses and Chang Liu
- 2016 PLUS D&O Symposium Day One Recap, Advisen Front Page News, by Marc Voses and Patrick Kennell
- Top of the Data Breach Class, Claims Management Cyber Liability eReport, Marc S. Voses, Co-author
- KDV Partner Marc Voses Panelist at Cyber Security Breaskfast
- Marc Voses Panelist at ACI’s 12th National Advanced Forum on Cyber & Data Risk Insurance : Data Privacy Issues Affecting Educational Institutions: Unique Challenges, Available Insurance Options, and Making Sense of the Regulations that Apply to Them
- “Cyber Security: Risks and Strategies” CFMA Seminar with Andrew Richards & Marc Voses : Cyber Security: Risks and Strategies
- Managing the Risk of Cyber Security in NYS Public School Districts Webinar Presented by Marc Voses : Managing the Risk of Cyber Security in NYS Public School Districts
- ACI’s 10th National Advanced Forum on Cyber & Data Risk Insurance : Healthcare Provider/Health Insurer Data Breaches and Liability Implications of a Loss of Protected Health Information
- NYCLA Insurance Law Committee Meeting : Insurance and Ethics
- ACI’s 4th National Forum on Securities Litigation and Enforcement : The State of the D&O Marketplace: The Latest Products, Coverage, Claims, and Underwriting