Katherine S. Catlos is managing partner of the San Francisco Office, where she focuses on advising employers in preventing and defending claims by employees. She regularly represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Labor Commissioner, United States Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Justice, National Labor Relations Board, and various courts, on all areas of employment law. Ms. Catlos focuses much of her practice on Equal Pay Act claims, advising and assisting with audits to comply with Equal Pay Act laws and regulations, class actions and collective Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration based PAGA claims. She focuses much of her practice on education law and housing discrimination and Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act matters.
Ms. Catlos also handles D&O claims brought against Board of Directors of a variety of organizations, including homeowner associations, private clubs, and social groups. Finally, she defends Title III ADA Access claims.
A published author, Ms. Catlos writes for such publications as the International Risk Management Institute’s Employment Practices Liability Journal, the Defense Research Institute’s newsletter, the American Bar Association Tort & Insurance Practice Section Employer-Employee Relations Committee Newsletter, San Francisco Attorney Magazine and The Daily Journal. She also frequently speaks to human resource directors and various employer groups regarding employment law issues.
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- University of San Francisco – J.D.
- Public Interest Scholar
- University of California, Berkeley – B.A.
- The Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court
- The Earl Warren American Inn of Court
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) Northern California Chapter, Previous Chair of the 2015 Steering Committee
- Italian American Bar Association of Northern California
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation, Advisor and Former Board Member
- California Law Update: What Employers Need to Know About New Sexual Harassment Laws
- High Court Delivers an Epic Win To Employers, Daily Journal
- California Employers: Are You Complying with Final Pay Rules? SHRM ft. Katherine Catlos
- California Immigration Bill Creates Compliance Challenges, SHRM, ft. Katherine Catlos
- California Governor Approves Farmworker Overtime Bill, SHRM, ft. Katherine S. Catlos
- Shielding Calif. Employers From Labor Code Violations, Law360, by Katherine Catlos and Lauren Ziegler
- Pay Stub Violations No Longer a Payday Under PAGA, California HR, by Katherine Catlos and Lauren Ziegler
- Lifting those restrictions for pregnant employees: Accommodating pregnancy in the workplace, CRA’s The Restaurant Standard
- Oakland Pushes Ahead With Progressive Wage-And-Hour, Law360
- KDV Alert: Countdown to March 2, 2015: Oakland’s New Sweeping Wage-and-Hour Law
- New EEOC Guidelines: Garb and Grooming in the Workplace, HL CONVERGE
- KDV Alert: Beware The Box – Employers’ Use of Criminal History Can Land Them in Hot Water
- KDV Alert: Religious Garb and Grooming in the Workplace – New EEOC Guidelines
- Employers: make room for ‘assistive animals,’ Daily Journal
- Cyber Bullying Emerges as Workplace Problem (WorkWise, Modesto Bee)
- Trending Employment Practices Perils & How to Mitigate That Risk Hosted by Katherine Catlos : Bender University Seminar: Trending Employment Practices Perils & How to Mitigate That Risk
- Join KDV for APIW’s Steering Group Gathering on August 24th : Co-Managing Partner
- Katherine Catlos, Moderator at PLUS Foundation’s Women’s Leadership Network
- Katherine Catlos, Speaking for the California Restaurant Association (CRA) at San Jose Restaurant University: Legal Seminar
- Webinar: Layoffs and Liability: Best Practices for Workforce Restructuring
- ACI’s Women Leaders in Insurance Defense, Claims and Compliance : Relationship Building & Networking: An Interactive Discussion
- Employment Practices Liability Webinar : Employment Discrimination & Retaliation: Insuring, Managing, and Preventing Claims Seminar
- Katherine Catlos presenting at the Western States Surplus Lines Conference 2013 : Hot Topics in Employment Law
- 5th Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit : How Defense Counsel and EPL Claims Handlers Can Work Together to Minimize Damages in Employment Case