For over 25 years Joseph R. Miele, Jr. has dedicated his practice to the representation of insurers and brokers in a variety of complex insurance coverage, claim handling and E&O disputes under a multitude of different insurance programs. He has particular expertise in First Party, Construction Defect, Environmental Contamination, Director & Officer and Employment Liability policy disputes. Mr. Miele has handled hundreds of coverage and claim handling (“Bad Faith”) matters in State and Federal Court and on appeal. He frequently lectures and counsels insurers and third-party administrators on insurance coverage law and proper claim handling practices.
Originally from New Jersey, Mr. Miele practiced in his home state and in New York for 10 years prior to admission to the Florida Bar in 2000. He began his career as a Home Office Supervisor with a division of AIG overseeing complex claims nationwide for certain AIG member insurance companies. While there, Mr. Miele gained considerable experience in the claim handling and resolution process which has proven invaluable throughout his professional career.
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court
- Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- New York Law School – J.D.
- Seton Hall University – B.S. in Business Administration
- CLM Construction Conference, Joe Miele Speaking, Sept. 25-27, 2019 : Creative and Emerging Coverage Trends in Florida and Beyond
- The 2019 West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar – Joe Miele Presenting – May 9-10, 2019 : Pitfalls and Possibilities - Litigating CD Coverage in Florida
- Joseph R. Miele Speaker at December ExecuSummit (December 4, 2018)