After graduating from law school, Joseph R. Fortunato Jr. immediately began his private practice of law in the western suburbs of Chicago and has concentrated his practice in real estate transactions, real estate litigation and real estate brokerage law ever since. He has testified extensively as an opinion witness in cases involving real estate law issues.
Since 2001, Mr. Fortunato has served as outside general counsel for the Mainstreet Organization of Realtors®, the largest regional Board of Realtors® in Illinois. He has been a member of the drafting committee of the Multi-Board Residential Real Estate Contract (versions 3.0 through 6.1), a frequent lecturer for the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and local bar associations and Realtor® organizations. Mr. Fortunato received the Board of Directors Award from the DuPage County Bar Association in 2003 and again in 2014. In 2008, he received the Board of Governors Award from the Illinois State Bar Association for distinctive service regarding real estate law.
- The John Marshall Law School – J.D.
- Northern Illinois University – B.A
- DuPage County Bar Association – Board of Directors Award (2003, 2014)
- Illinois State Bar Association – Board of Governors Award (2008)
- Author, “Getting Started as a Real Estate Attorney” published by the ABA.
- Joseph R. Fortunato Jr. Speaker at Illinois State Bar Association Real Estate Law Seminar : Case Law Update
- Joseph Fortunato Jr., Presenter at the Greater Illinois Title Company CLE Seminar : ILLINOIS REAL ESTATE CASE LAW UPDATE
- Joseph Fortunato Jr., Presenter at the Greater Illinois Title Company CLE Seminar : Recent Case Law and Legislative Developments