John P. McAvoy represents businesses and executives in litigation, arbitration, and negotiation in varied employment matters fully encompassing the issues that employers often face when hiring, managing, disciplining and terminating employees, including defending claims of employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wage and hour claims, and related disputes advanced under federal and state law.
Mr. McAvoy frequently provides companies and their principals with day-to-day counseling on employment policies and procedures, internal complaints, workplace investigations, sensitive disciplinary and termination issues through the provision of proactive risk management advice, and assistance with drafting, revising and implementing employee handbooks, key policies and procedures, and conducting interactive training seminars on workplace policies and procedures.
Mr. McAvoy also defends cases involving a variety of employment, business and professional liability and governmental liability claims in administrative, state, and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- Widener University School of Law – J.D.
- Loyola University Maryland – B.B.A
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- Tri-State Human Resource Management Association
- Salem County Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Author; Developments in Union Organizations Under State and Federal Law, DRI For the Defense (January 2018)
- Author; The Role of Public Policy in the Suspicionless Drug Testing of Welfare Applicants, JURIST Dateline (April 2013)