John Mancebo focuses his practice on representing companies and non-profit organizations on a wide variety of employment related issues, including: employment practices litigation and administrative matters, wage & hour litigation, internal investigations and compliance, and fair housing violations.
He also practices in the areas of commercial and business litigation including debt collection, construction and breach of contract.
Mr. Mancebo previously worked in the insurance industry as an EPLI Claims Director for major insurance carriers. While in law school, he clerked for the Honorable Nelson S. Roman, who currently sits in the U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York.
He is fluent in Spanish and devotes part of his practice to serving clients in Latin America, advising both U.S. and foreign clients on their business ventures in the Dominican Republic, as well as Latin American corporations with legal needs in the United States.
John continues to be a driving force for diversity within the legal profession and the insurance industry, through his volunteer work a board member of The Water Street Club.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- State University of New York, College at Buffalo – J.D.
- State University of New York, College at Buffalo – B.S.
The Water Street Club – Insurance Organization (Co-Founder)
Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
Claims and Litigation Management Society (CLM)
Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- New York Law Journal’s 2019 Distinguished Leader Award
- New York Super Lawyers 2017 – 2020
- Top Lawyers Under 40, Hispanic National Bar Association
- “Beyond the Bar: How did they do it? Navigating your legal career in NYC,” University of Buffalo School of Law, April 12, 2018
- “Leading Edge Employment Law: Emerging Trends In Pay Parity Litigation & Enforcement,”Hispanic National Bar Association – Corporate Counsel Conference, San Francisco, CA, March 18, 2018
- “Changing Landscapes, The Growth Of Latinos In The Insurance Industry,”AIG, Woodland Hills, CA, March 14, 2018
- “Quantification Of Plaintiff’s Potential Emotional Distress Damages Doesn’t Have To Cause You Pain And Suffering!,” Atlanta, GA, March, 2018
- “Cyber Liability: Its Impact On The Insurance Industry And You,” The Water Street Club, Zurich NA, New York, NY, January 18, 2018
- “So What Are You Current Making? This and other questions that could cost you,” The Water Street Club, Aon, New York,September 28, 2017
- “Speed Mentoring Event. Guy Carpenter,” NAAIA, CNA, Marsh & McLennan Companies New York, NY , June 22, 2017
- “Maximizing Diversity & Inclusion In The Insurance Industry,” The Water Street Club, Aon Building, New York, January 19, 2017
- “Bridging The Gap. Diversity In A Diverse Insurance Market,” The Water Street Club, Aon, New York,October 6, 2016
- “Male Insurance Professionals Of Color,” The Water Street Club, Aon, New York, July 14, 2016