Jennifer Sherven concentrates her practice in representing management in all areas of employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations. She represents employers, including public and private education providers, in federal and state courts and in administrative proceedings in federal, state, and local human rights agencies.
Ms. Sherven also provides guidance to employers concerning day-to-day labor and employment issues, including, but not limited to, employment policies, disability management issues, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, severance agreements, workplace investigations, employee discipline, and compliance with federal, state, and local laws (including compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a/k/a Obamacare).
In addition, Ms. Sherven represents places of public accommodation in website, and brick and mortar accessibility claims brought under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and state and local laws.
Also, Ms. Sherven represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters and general liability matters in federal and state courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Sherven was a senior associate for a Long Island litigation firm where she represented clients in matters involving employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; civil rights litigation, including false arrest and malicious prosecution; Labor §§ 200, 240, and 241; products liability; and general liability.
Ms. Sherven was also an assistant district attorney in the Office of the District Attorney, Bronx County, in the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Bureau and the Domestic Violence Bureau. She handled cases from inception to conclusion including, but not limited to, plea bargains, grand jury presentations, pre-trial hearings, bench and jury trials, and motion practice.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Boston University – J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison – B.A.
- Nassau County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services, Long Island Business News
- New York Metro Super Lawyers (2013)
- KDV Employment Law Alert: New York City Employers Will Be Required To Offer Employees Pretax Transit Benefits
- KDV Alert: New York Employers Given Relief From Annual Pay Notice Requirement
- KDV Alert: New York State Minimum Wage to Increase on December 31, 2014
- KDV Alert: Employers to Comply With Affordable Care Act Notice Obligation by October 1st
- Long Island Contractors’ Association/LICA 2019 Seminar Series: Sexual Harassment – February 26, 2019 : Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Avoidance Training
- Join KDV’s Philip Voluck & Jennifer Sherven for PLAN’s Live ADA Web Accessibility Webinar on July 25, 2017 : Partner