Jean Liu is an associate with a primary focus in general litigation and complex insurance coverage evaluation and litigation. Ms. Liu has extensive experience in handling matters involving commercial litigation, professional liability defense, privacy law, and insurance coverage. Ms. Liu regularly represents domestic and London-based insurance carriers with respect to financial institution bonds, and commercial crime, employment practices liability, mortgage banker professional liability, directors and officers liability, and commercial general liability policies.
During law school, Ms. Liu clerked at a mid-sized litigation firm. At Loyola University Chicago School of Law, she earned certificates in health law and trial advocacy, and additionally served as Features Articles Editor for the Loyola Consumer Law Review, Marketing & Coordinating Editor for the Annals of Health Law, Director of Social Programming for the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, and Research Assistant for the Director of Loyola’s Intellectual Property Program. Ms. Liu speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and currently serves as President of the Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- U.S. District Courts
- Northern District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law – J.D.
- Certificates in Trial Advocacy and Health Law
- University of California, Irvine – B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, President
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Conference of Bar Presidents
- National Conference of Bar Presidents: Diversity Scholar 2018-2019; Leadership Advisory Board Member 2018-2021
- Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago: President (2018-2019), Vice President (2016-2018)
- Illinois State Bar Association: Minority Bar CLE Planning Committee Member (2018)
- Chinatown Pro Bono Legal Clinic: Volunteer Attorney
- University of California, Irvine Alumni Association – Chicago Chapter: Communications and Membership Outreach Chair
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Eta Lambda Chapter: Public Relations Adviser
“Emerging Leader,” 2018 Mandarin Leader
- Fool Me Once: Insurance Coverage for Social Engineering Scams Under Judicial Review, PropertyCasualty360
- Jean Liu Speaker at 2019 ABA Bar Leadership Institute (March 15, 2019)
- Jean Liu, Panelist at 2018 NAPABA Convention in Chicago
- Jean Liu Sworn in as President of the Chinese American Bar Association : CABA Annual Installation Gala, Jean Liu sworn in as President
- KDV Chicago Attorneys Participate in Local ABA CLE Course