Jean Liu is an associate with a primary focus in litigation and complex insurance coverage evaluation and litigation. Ms. Liu has extensive experience in handling matters involving commercial litigation, medical malpractice and other professional liability defense, class action defense, employment law, privacy law, and complex insurance coverage. Ms. Liu regularly represents domestic and London-based insurance carriers with respect to financial institution bonds, and commercial crime, employment practices liability, mortgage banker/broker professional liability, and directors and officers liability policies.
At Loyola University Chicago School of Law, she earned certificates in health law and trial advocacy, and additionally served as Features Articles Editor for the Loyola Consumer Law Review, Marketing & Coordinating Editor for the Annals of Health Law, Director of Social Programming for the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, and Research Assistant for the Director of Loyola’s Intellectual Property Program. Ms. Liu speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and currently serves as President of the Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- U.S. District Courts
- Northern District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law – J.D.
- Certificates in Trial Advocacy and Health Law
- University of California, Irvine – B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, Board Member
- Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, President
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Conference of Bar Presidents
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago: Board Member (2019-2020)
- National Conference of Bar Presidents: Leadership Advisory Board Member (2018-2021); Diversity Scholar (2018-2019)
- Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago: President (2018-2020), Vice President (2016-2018)
- Illinois State Bar Association: Minority Bar CLE Planning Committee Member (2018)
- Chinatown Pro Bono Legal Clinic: Volunteer Attorney
- University of California, Irvine Alumni Association – Chicago Chapter: President (2019-2020); Communications and Membership Outreach Chair (2017-2019)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Eta Lambda Chapter: Public Relations Adviser
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago Rising Star Award – 2019
- “Emerging Leader,” 2018 Mandarin Leader
- Illinois and Federal Law Surrounding the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act Continues to Evolve with Recent 9th Circuit Decision
- KDV Alert: Cook County Circuit Court Decides that a Five Year Statute of Limitations Applies to BIPA Cases
- New Data Privacy Challenges for HR Executives, Daily Journal
- Fool Me Once: Insurance Coverage for Social Engineering Scams Under Judicial Review, PropertyCasualty360
- Jean Liu Speaker at 2019 ABA Bar Leadership Institute (March 15, 2019)
- Jean Liu, Panelist at 2018 NAPABA Convention in Chicago
- Jean Liu Sworn in as President of the Chinese American Bar Association : CABA Annual Installation Gala, Jean Liu sworn in as President
- KDV Chicago Attorneys Participate in Local ABA CLE Course
Panelist – Chicago-Kent College of Law’s “Still I Rise: Navigating Law School as a First Generation Law Student,” October 29, 2019
- Guest Lecturer – Chicago-Kent College of Law’s “Privacy Rights in Employment,” September 24, 2019