Jack Babchik is Co-Managing Partner of the Firm’s Westchester, NY office. He has more than 40 years of trial and appellate experience and has argued before federal and state appellate courts including New York’s State’s Court of Appeals. His practice focuses on professional liability/errors and omissions, employment practices, insurance, labor law, and general liability defense. He regularly works with architects, engineers, accountants, attorneys, healthcare providers, insurance brokers, and real estate professionals, responding to claims of alleged malpractice, negligence, errors and omissions in the performance of their professional duties.
In the area employment and labor law, Mr. Babchik represents employers against allegations of hostile work environment, employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, wage & hour and retaliation before state and federal courts as well as the United States Equal Opportunity Commission, The New York State Division of Human Rights, The City Commission of Human Rights and local agencies and authorities.
Mr. Babchik was trained as a certified mediator by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District and has mediated general liability, employment, and housing discrimination cases. He also served as Chairman of the Ethics Committee for The Westchester County Bar Association.
Mr. Babchik was an associate with a large Patent Firm, became associated with a professional liability defense firm and in 1999, with Bruce M. Young, formed the firm of Babchik & Young, LLP. The Firm’s practice included professional liability, labor law, employment practices law, vertical transportation, insurance and general liability defense.
After 22 years of a successful practice, Babchik & Young, LLP joined with Kaufman Dolowich, & Voluck, LLP in 2021, to better serve the needs of the business and insurance industries.
Mr. Babchik has been named to the “Top 25: Westchester County SuperLawyers®” list eight times in his career and has maintained a place on the SuperLawyers® list for 12 consecutive years. He is rated AV-Preeminent by his peers, a distinction awarded to less than 10% of attorneys in New York, referencing his significant legal ability and high ethical standards.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- New York State Appellate Division
- Second Department
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Brooklyn College, B.A.
- New York State Bar Association – Sections on Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law and Labor & Employment Law
- Westchester County Bar Association – Committee on Professional Ethics (former Chair of the Committee)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- AV-Rated, Martindale Hubbell®, 1996 to 2021
- SuperLawyers®, Professional Liability, 12 consecutive years, 2009-2021
- Top 25: Westchester County SuperLawyers®, 2011-2012, 2014-2018
- Kaufman Dolowich’s Westchester Co-MP On Expansion Plans, Law 360 Pulse, featuring John Mancebo, October 5, 2021
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Continues to Expand in Westchester With the Addition of 11 White Plains-Based Babchik & Young Attorneys
- Mr. Babchik has authored many articles for professional groups and insurance companies related to pertinent legal developments, risk avoidance, continuing legal education and client risk management.
- Lecturer for the New York State and Westchester County Bar Associations, on Legal Malpractice, Legal Ethics, and Labor Law