Ivan J. Dolowich is a nationally recognized, AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney experienced in litigating and managing directors and officers (D&O) liability, financial-related lines, professional liability, errors and omissions (E&O), and bad faith matters.
Mr. Dolowich’s long record of accomplishments as a coverage attorney and litigator includes managing litigation and claims in all aspects of property and casualty insurance. He handles matters involving insurance agents, brokers, investment advisors, attorneys, accountants, architects, engineers, insurance companies, financial institutions, public companies, directors and officers, representations and warranties, and not-for-profit organizations and their boards. His commercial litigation experience includes successful prosecution and defense of securities and consumer class actions as well as handling complex business fraud and conspiracy disputes. He has served as an expert in D&O disputes among insurers and as a mediator in class action litigation fee disputes.
Prior to joining KDV, Mr. Dolowich served as vice president of claim services at St. Paul Travelers, where he managed the Legacy Gulf Insurance business with a team of more than 150 attorneys, claim examiners and claim operations personnel. Previously, he held similar senior positions in D&O and financial-related lines claims with Kemper Corporation and CNA Financial.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- St. John University School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University – B.S.
- The Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) Foundation, Board Member (2011-Present)
- Directors & Officers Insurance ExecuSummit, Co-Chair
- PLUS Annual Directors and Officers Liability Symposium, Co-Chair (2004 – 2008)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell