Ivan J. Dolowich is a nationally recognized, AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney experienced in litigating and managing directors and officers (D&O) liability, financial-related lines, professional liability, errors and omissions (E&O), and bad faith matters.
Mr. Dolowich’s long record of accomplishments as a coverage attorney and litigator includes managing litigation and claims in all aspects of property and casualty insurance. He handles claims involving representations and warranties, directors and officers, insurance agents, brokers, investment advisors, attorneys, accountants, architects, engineers, insurance companies, financial institutions, public companies, and not-for-profit organizations and their boards. He is involved with crafting representations and warranties and directors and officers liability policies and endorsements. His commercial litigation experience includes successful prosecution and defense of securities and consumer class actions as well as handling complex business fraud and conspiracy disputes. He has served as an expert in D&O disputes among insurers and as a mediator in class action litigation fee disputes.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- St. John University School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University – B.S.
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Impact of Cyan On Public Companies and the D&O Insurance Marketplace, Westlaw
- Ruling allowing securities litigation in state courts could spur additional lawsuits, Business Insurance, ft. Ivan Dolowich
- Recent Wave of Securities Class Actions Poses Challenges for D&O Insurers, PropertyCasualty360
- New York’s Highest Court Holds that Insurers May Waive Coverage Defenses When They Breach the Duty to Defend, PLUS Journal
- A Capital Matter, Risk & Insurance
- Ivan Dolowich, Panelist at 14th Annual Directors & Officers Insurance ExecuSummit : Activist Investments and Claims in the Hedge Fund Space
- Ivan Dolowich, Co-Presenter at 13th Annual D&O Insurance ExecuSummit : "Activist Investments and Claims in the Hedge Fund Space"
- Ivan Dolowich, Panelist at 2016 PLUS Conference : Are Management Liability Exposures for Law Firms Changing?
- Ivan Dolowich, Presenter at Advisen Executive Risk Insights Conference : Coverage and Conditions: The State of the Private and Non-Profit D&O Market
- Ivan Dolowich, Panelist at 2016 MGA and Program Solutions Roundtable : Cyber Security Panel
- Michael Kaufman and Ivan Dolowich, Moderators at PLAN Regional Meeting: New York ’16 : D&O Marketplace "Mediation Strategies"
- Protect Your Directors & Officers In Today’s Business World! – Webinar Presented by Ivan Dolowich
- Ivan Dolowich Co-Hosting Claim Executive of the Year Awards Banquet : Claim Executive of the Year Awards Banquet
- Ivan Dolowich Moderator at PLAN Regional Meeting, NY 2015 : A View from the Top: State of the Marketplace
- Halliburton Case & D&O Liability – FREE WEBINAR : How will the Supreme Court's ruling on "fraud-on-the-market" presumption impact securities class action litigation?
- Ivan Dolowich a Panelist at the 9/10 PLUS SoCal Chapter Workshop : State of the Market: How It Arrived and Where It’s Going
- Ivan Dolowich presenting HUB International webinar on Insurance Coverage for D&O, Employment Practices and Professional Liability : "How to Avoid Losing Your Insurance Coverage for D&O, Employment Practices and Professional Liability Claims"
- Ivan Dolowich on a panel at the 9th Annual National Directors & Officers Insurance ExecuSummit : Regulatory and Securities Litigation Trends
- Ivan Dolowich and Gregg Breitbart present at the 2013 Catlin Consortium : Mediation in Securities Arbitration Cases
- Diversifying Revenue Streams in a Soft Market: Opportunities & Risks for Agents & Brokers – PLUS Eastern Chapter : Diversifying Revenue Streams in a Soft Market
- PLAN Regional Workshop – Schaumburg
- PLAN Regional Workshop 2012 – New York : Emerging Coverage Issues and Trends
- PLUS Webinar Presentation : The Dodd-Frank Act: Underwriting, Claims and Risk Management Implications
- What to Do and Not to Do when Defending Insured’s Under Reservation of Rights – PLAN Regional Meeting : Avoiding the Bad Faith Set Up
- 6th Annual National Directors & Officers Insurance ExecuSummit : D&O Coverage Issues/D&O Claims
- 7th Directors & Officers Liability Insurance ExecuSummit : Review of Key D&O Regulatory Issues (Including SEC Enforcement, FDIC Bank Failures & Impact on Coverage)
- 8th Annual National Directors & Officers Liability Insurance ExecuSummit : Review of Key D&O Regulatory Issues (Including SEC Enforcement, FDIC Bank Failures & Impact on Coverage)