George F. Meierhofer is a trial attorney with experience in securities and financial related matters, including investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the U.S. Department of Justice and other government agencies. His practice includes commercial litigation, professional liability defense for most lines and he has litigated cases before federal and state courts and arbitrations before FINRA and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Mr. Meierhofer’s experience includes general commercial and securities litigation under federal, state and international law, white-collar criminal defense, employment discrimination, insurance-related litigation, adversary proceedings and corporate counseling with respect to bankruptcy proceedings and copyright and trademark infringement matters. Additionally, he has appellate law experience in various federal courts of appeals, the Supreme Court of the U.S. and state appellate courts throughout the U.S.
Active in several public service and charitable organizations, Mr. Meierhofer travels nationally and internationally for his duties with the Georgetown University Alumni programs.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Georgetown University – J.D.
- Georgetown University – B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Kenneth W. McDonald, Petitioner, v New York State Division of Human Rights et al., Respondents. 77 A.D.3d 668; 908 N.Y.S.2d 367 (2nd Dept 2010)
- Peterman v. New York College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 129 A.D. 3d 474, 9 N.Y.S.3d 870 (1st Dept. 2015).
- Guzman v. Kordonsky, 2016 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 2384 (Supreme Court, N.Y. County, June 27, 2016).
- Mediation in Securities Arbitration Cases: Regain Control, New York Law Journal
- The Proliferation of Complex Investment Products May Lead to More FINRA Enforcement Actions and Arbitration Claims, PLUS Journal
- KDV Alert: FINRA Proposes Rule Amendments to Require Greater Transparency Regarding Registered Representatives’ Background and Compensation
- KDV Alert: FINRA Targets Brokerage Firms that Hire Recidivist Brokers in New Examination and Enforcement Initiatives