Ted McNamara handles a broad range of civil/commercial litigation and insurance related matters, including, contract disputes, directors and officers liability, malpractice/errors or omissions policies for various professions, employment practices liability, general liability, insurance coverage, bodily injury, automobile negligence, and bad faith. He also routinely advises clients on legal matters governed by ERISA, particularly with respect to group benefit plans, insurance policies, and fiduciary issues. He also litigates individual disability insurance claims, ERISA benefit claims, and life insurance matters.
Mr. McNamara utilizes his legal and negotiation skills to address disputes both in court and through alternative dispute resolutions. As an experienced litigator, he strives to assess each individual case and determine the most effective and economical business strategy to attain the most favorable result for his clients.
- U.S. District Court
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law – J.D.
- California State University, Long Beach – B.A., cum laude
- Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Stars, 2017 – 2018
Best Oralist, John T. Gaubatz Moot Court Tournament ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition
1st Place, 2010 University of Miami, Negotiation Competition 1st Place, 2010 A.B.A. Regional Negotiation Competition
- Semi-Finalist, 2011 A.B.A National Negotiation Competition
- Featured Speaker, The Defense of ERISA Claims Against Life and Disability Insurers, ALFA Insurance Law Roundtable, June 2017