Edward Patrick Abbott concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, professional liability, construction litigation, cyber liability, environmental, securities, labor and employment law, and employment practices liability. Mr. Abbott has represented publicly traded and private companies, contractors, executives, public officials, public entities and licensed professionals.
He has advised small and large companies in various industries, including the medical field, regarding data breaches, notification and crisis management. He has also litigated data breaches, intellectual property disputes, trademark and licensing issues, and software agreements. He also counsels companies regarding data security and evaluates and drafts privacy policies, user agreements, and data security provisions to be incorporated in services agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Abbott practiced in a large national labor and employment law firm and in a Southern New Jersey firm where he handled land use and commercial litigation matters. After graduating from law school, Mr. Abbott served as the law clerk for the Honorable Eugene D. Serpentelli, Assignment Judge of the Superior Court, Ocean County, New Jersey. During law school, Mr. Abbott was a member of the Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion, ultimately serving as Lead Notes Editor.
Mr. Abbott plays trumpet in a jazz band and participated in an International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden – J.D.
- with high honors
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion, Lead Notes Editor
- Ursinus College – B.A.
- magna cum laude
- J. Douglas Davis Prize for Outstanding Student in History
- Brown V. Lopez, Et. Al. (Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division – Hudson County) – Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of an attorney on a non-client legal malpractice action in a sale leaseback real estate transaction.
- New Jersey Farm Bureau, Inc. v. Township of East Amwell, 380 N.J. Super. 325 (App. Dir. 2005)
- In re Sixth Month Extension of N.J.A.C 5:91-1 et seq, 372 N.J. Super. 61 (App. Dir. 2004)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2013 – 2016)
- Bergen’s Top Lawyers, (201) Magazine (2014)
- J. Douglas Davis Prize for Outstanding Student in History, Ursinus College