Edward Grimmett focuses his practice in labor and employment law. Mr. Grimmett provides general counsel and labor counsel services to school districts, public libraries and other municipal entities. He provides daily advice and counsel on contract administration, workplace investigations, and employment and antidiscrimination laws. He represents the clients in collective bargaining negotiations, employee disciplinary hearings and matters before the Public Employment Relations Board. Mr. Grimmett also assists with the reopening of schools by providing advice and counsel on the rapid changes to federal, state and local laws during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New York
- Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center – J.D.
- St. John’s University – B.A.
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- Nassau County Bar Association – Member Education Law, Labor and Employment and Municipal Law Sections
- EMPLOYERS MUST PROMPTLY IMPLEMENT THEIR WORKPLACE SAFETY PLANS UNDER THE NEW YORK HERO ACT, KDV Law Alert, Oct. 11, 2021
- EMPLOYERS MUST PROMPTLY IMPLEMENT THEIR WORKPLACE SAFETY PLANS UNDER THE NEW YORK HERO ACT, KDV Law Alert, Sept. 15, 2021
- EMPLOYER ALERT: New York Businesses Must Comply with NYS Election Law