David Group focuses his practice on insurance coverage litigation involving first party property, general liability, subrogation claims as well as professional liability, construction litigation, commercial litigation and premises liability nationwide.
Prior to working at Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, Mr. Group served as coverage counsel for CNA handling a variety of first party property, fidelity and general liability claims through all stages of litigation. Prior to that, he was a partner at a litigation firm in New York where he handled a wide range of first and third-party coverage claims as well as general liability and subrogation matters throughout the United States in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Group has handled many first-party coverage matters of first impression, including claims involving catastrophic losses such as the World Trade Center disaster, Hurricane Katrina and Named Storm Sandy. During his career, Mr. Group has represented some of the nation’s largest insurance carriers, including AIG, Arch Insurance Company, CNA, U.S. Fire Insurance Company, RSUI Indemnity Company, Navigators and Philadelphia Insurance Company.
Mr. Group received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Albany in 1998. He received a Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School in 2001. He is admitted to the New York and Jersey State Bars. In addition, Mr. Group is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey and the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts
- District of New Jersey
- Northern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Brooklyn Law School – J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany – B.A.
- Recent 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Decision Could Have a Positive Impact for Insurers on COVID-19 Business Interruption Claims
- Michigan Judge Sides With Insurer In COVID-19 Lawsuit, InsuranceNewsNet, ft. David Group
- Property Coverage Update: COVID-19
- Press Release: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes Four to Partner, Elevates Two to Counsel