Christopher Blum focuses his practice on insurance coverage counseling and advocacy. He has experience with a diverse range of underlying claims and insurance products on primary, umbrella, and excess levels, including matters arising under commercial crime, fidelity, and financial institution bonds, as well as commercial general liability, pollution legal liability, professional liability, commercial auto, and transportation/railroad liability policies.
Mr. Blum litigages declaratory judgment actions, contribution and subrogation claims, and bad faith claims in state and federal courts nationwide. He is familiar with complex procedural litigation issues arising in coverage litigation and has significant experience resolving competing and overlapping litigation in multiple state and federal courts.
Mr. Blum has been continually recognized by Leading Lawyers as an “Emerging Lawyer” in Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law since 2017.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- St. Olaf College – B.A.
- magna cum laude
- Chicago Bar Association’s Insurance Coverage Committee Vice Chair (2016-2017); (2017-2018) Chair
- Recognized in Emerging Lawyers 2017-2019 by peers of the Leading Lawyers Network in the fields of insurance, insurance coverage, reinsurance law, and commercial litigation. This distinction is given to the top 2% of lawyers in Illinois under 40 years old or practicing law 10 or fewer years.
- “People on the Move,” Crain’s Chicago Business
- “People on the Move,” Chicago Business Journal