Chad Bickerton represents clients in all phases of first and third-party insurance coverage matters, including coverage analysis and litigation of coverage and bad faith matters. Mr. Bickerton also defends insureds in construction defect and general liability matters.
Mr. Bickerton’s insurance coverage practice includes first-party, commercial general liability (including extensive evaluation of construction defect and additional insured tenders), commercial crime, errors and omissions, directors and officers liability, inland marine, and bad faith related to those claims. He has vast experience in insurance coverage choice of law issues and has drafted coverage opinion letters involving complex coverage issues from at least 18 different states. He has successfully briefed insurance coverage matters before Florida’s Second District Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bickerton also focuses his practice in litigation of auto liability, premises liability, and general negligence claims.
Mr. Bickerton has also represented and advised political entities on election and campaign finance matters for several years
- U.S. District Court
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Northern District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals
- Eleventh District
- University of Florida Levin College of Law – J.D., cum laude
- New College of Florida – B.A.
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Alabama
- Executive Committee, New College Alumni Association, 2014 – Present