Catherine R. Everett focuses her practice in the areas of general liability defense, construction accidents (Labor Law 240 and 241(6)), product liability, and insurance coverage, as well as handling any associated appellate litigation related to these matters. She routinely handles cases involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death in multiple jurisdictions including retainage by excess insurance companies to act as specialty counsel to oversee the defense of matters that have the potential to reach their layer of exposure.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law – J.D.
- St. John’s University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences – B.A., suma cum laude
- Seneca Insurance Company, Inc. v. JFR Construction Corp., 178 A.D.3d 504 (1st Dep’t 2019) (successfully defended grant of summary judgement in property damage/contract action).
- Yarosh v. Oceana Holding Corp., 172 A.D.3d 1142 (2d Dep’t 2019)(successfully achieved denial of summary judgement reversed on appeal in slip and fall action).
- Kelly v. Roza 14W LLC, 153 A.D.3d 1187 (1st Dep’t 2017)(successfully achieved denial of summary judgement reversed on appeal in slip and fall action).
- Rodriguez v. City of New York, 2015 WL 4078618 (E.D.N.Y. 2015)(successfully achieved summary judgment for Defendant on claims for contractual and common-law indemnification and breach of contract claims for failure to provide requisite insurance coverage and injured Plaintiff’s direct claims under Labor Law §§ 200, 240, 241(6)).
- declaratory judgment that Defendant insurer was not obligated to defend and indemnify Plaintiff in underlying personal injury action).
- Conroy v. Smithtown Central School District, 3 A.D.3d 492 (2d Dep’t 2004)(successfully defended dismissal of untimely filed Notice of Claim).
- Pittman v. S.P. Lenox Realty, LLC., 119 A.D.3d 846 (2d Dep’t 2014)(successfully defended grant of summary judgement in claim based upon Labor Law § 241(6)).
- QBE Ins. Corp. v. Adjo Contracting Corp., 121 A.D.3d 1064 (2d Dep’t 2014)(multi-party insurance coverage litigation; successfully achieved grant of summary judgment for defense reversed).
- Timm v. Barilli, 109 A.D.3d 655 (2d Dep’t 2013)(successfully achieved denial of summary judgment reversed on appeal with regard to issue of respondent superior in a motor vehicle accident matter).
- Gershow Recycling Corp. v. Transcontinental Ins. Co., 22 A.D.3d 460 (2d Dep’t 2005)(successfully defended grant of summary judgment in
- Outstanding Women in Law, 2016, Hofstra University School of Law, Center for Children, Families and the Law
- Super Lawyers New York Rising Stars, Insurance Coverage, 2013
- Trivial Defects: Where Character and Circumstances Count, Not Size, ADM Quarterly Update, Ahmuty, Demers & McManus – Fall 2015
- All Chuppahs Are Not Created Equal Under The Labor Law: A Look Into What Constitutes A Building Or A Structure For The Purpose of the Labor Law § 240(1), The Defendant, The Journal of the Defense Association of New York, Inc., Winter 2014