For more than 20 years, Brian Peters’ practice has focused on the representation of management in employment-related matters. He represents employers in various wage and hour disputes, including class actions, Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) claims and individual claims. In addition to his wage and hour practice, Mr. Peters has extensive experience in defending employers in connection with wide variety of employment law claims, including claims for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, age, race, gender and disability discrimination, retaliation and unfair business practices. Mr. Peters provides consulting services to clients on various employment-related matters, such as wage and hour compliance, investigations, terminations, and employment policies. He also has experience in bringing claims against former employees for misconduct, such as claims for embezzlement and trade secret violations.
Mr. Peters is admitted to practice law in California and in all federal district courts in California, as well as in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to representing employers in state and federal courts, he has also represented employers before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Labor Commissioner and the California Employment Development Department.
Mr. Peters also defends lawyers in professional liability matters and represents companies and individuals in civil litigation matters.
- United States Supreme Court
- Uniterd States Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law – J.D.
- California State University, Northridge – B.A.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Hall v. Kalfayan (2010) 190 Cal. App. 4th 927
- Thakar v. Smitray, Inc. (2018) 2018 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 5777
- Cunningham v. Northern California Region, LLC (2017) 2017 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 4338
- Soleimani v. Seyfarth Shaw LLP (2016) 2016 WL 1253568
- Timmons v. Manatt Phelps & Phillips LLP (2004) 2004 WL 440915
- Cubmaster/Den Leader, Cub Scout Pack 718, Torrance, CA
- American Jurisprudence Award in Contracts
- Judicial Extern for Judge Cecil F. Poole, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1994