Brett Smith focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage and bad faith litigation as well as construction defect litigation and general liability defense. Mr. Smith’s experience includes representing insurers in the Federal multi-district Chinese drywall litigation and defending against large multi-unit construction developers related to additional insured coverage.
In addition, Mr. Smith has experience in the litigation of trademark/advertising injury coverage disputes, auto liability, products liability and general negligence claims.
Mr. Smith is a fifth generation Floridian providing him unique and important knowledge related to venues and their impact on jury verdicts and coverage decisions.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit
- Barry University School of Law – J.D.
- Indiana University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- CLM Central Florida Chapter
- ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS)