Brandon Lee Wolff focuses his practice in employment litigation and commercial litigation matters in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida and the District of Columbia.
In his labor and employment practice, Mr. Wolff conducts internal investigations and counsels employers related to employment policies, restrictive covenants, wage and hour laws, COBRA matters and severance agreements. Mr. Wolff also defends clients in a full range of employment-related claims (invoking Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act) including sexual harassment, employment discrimination, wrongful discharge and retaliation in state courts, federal courts, the United States Equal Opportunity Commission and state agencies.
In his commercial litigation practice, Mr. Wolff defends attorneys, accountants, adjusters, recruiting agencies, national retail stores, real estate professionals, appraisers, educational institutions, public health organizations, medical institutions, healthcare providers and other medium-sized businesses in real estate litigation and business litigation matters. He also defends agencies and creditors against individual and class-action allegations invoking federal and state consumer protection laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Mr. Wolff also actively lends his time and talent through leadership roles at several state and national bar associations. His thought leadership roles (detailed below) include serving as an officer of four sections of three organizations.
Mr. Wolff previously served as a law clerk to The Honorable Garry S. Rothstadt in the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division. He also interned with three federal judges, the New Jersey Supreme Court and United States Attorney’s Office. Additionally, he was a Law Clerk at Summit Medical Group and Summit Health Management.
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D., cum laude top 11%
- Certificate in Healthcare Compliance
- Concentration in Health Law
- Editor-In-Chief of the Seton Hall Health Law Outlook
- Articles Editor of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal
- Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board and Mock Trial Board
- Swarthmore College – B.A.
- National McCabe Scholar
- Dean’s Award for Sustained Contributions to Swarthmore Community
- Council Rock High School North
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards top volunteer in Pennsylvania
Volunteerism and Professional Memberships
- Commissioner, ABA Commission on Disability Rights
- Chair, New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- President of The Florida Bar’s Out-of-State Division
- Treasurer, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Treasurer, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- At-Large Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Executive Council
- Out-of-State Representative, The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors
- Co-Chair, Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, Generation Now Committee
- Co-Chair, Seton Hall Law Alumni Council, Graduates of the Last Decade Committee
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Young Lawyers Leadership Program
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Fellows Program
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, The New Jersey State Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Mr. Wolff is experienced in healthcare law. He has updated a Health Plan Network Management course and drafted policies related to HIPAA, clinical research, record retention, advance directives, patients’ rights, peer review and ambulatory surgery centers.
- He has drafted employment policies, reviewed physician employment agreements, and conducted due diligence prior to the acquisition of medical practices.
- Additionally, he has investigated novel issues related to the Anti-Kickback Statute, Medicare Anti-Assignment provisions, OIG Advisory Opinions, FDA guidance, health consulting companies, and regulations of the HHS Office of Human Research Protection, Board of Medical Examiners, Board of Dentistry and Board of Nursing.
- 2022 Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” New Jersey
- American Bar Association “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers Award”
- New Jersey Law Journal “New Leader of the Bar”
- NJSBA YLD Professional Achievement Award
- ABA YLD Star of the Quarter
- Courtroom Etiquette: The Do’s and Don’ts for All Lawyers, NJSBA
- Comparative of Federal District Court Local Rules (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), NYSBA Young Lawyers Section
- Panel Moderator, Seton Hall Law, Professional Development Series, “Succeeding in Firm Practice” (March 2022)
- Panelist, What I Wish I Knew Before I Started Lawyering CLE, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Panelist, Law School’s Over: What’s Next? A Conversation on Preparing for the Practice of Law, NYSBA Young Lawyers Section
- Panelist, Thriving in the Law as a Millennial – A Unique CLE Roundtable Designed to Help You to Advance Your Career, NJSBA
- Panelist, What I Wish I Knew CLE, NJSBA Young Lawyers Division
- Chair and Moderator, Child Abuse, Elder Abuse and Mandatory Reporting Laws CLE, ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Co-Chair, Summer Meeting and CLE, NYSBA Young Lawyers Section
- Co-Chair, Healthcare on the Blockchain CLE, NYSBA Health Law Section
- Co-Chair, Healthcare Apps, Artificial Intelligence & Big Data: A Conversation on Legal Implications, NYSBA Health Law Section
- Moderator, HIPAA Fundamentals Webinar, ABA Health Law Section
- Presenter, National Youth Summit, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, DC
- The Today Show, Interview with Matt Lauer, “Peace Talks, Violence Walks”
- NBC News, Interview with Don Lemon, “Peace Talks, Violence Walks”
- CNN News, “Students deliver the largest peace postcard to the White House”