Barbara L. Harris Chiang concentrates her practice in all areas of employment litigation including wrongful termination, breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, the American’s with Disabilities Act, reductions in force, wage and hour issues, privacy rights, and trade issues.
She focuses on advising employers in preventing and defending claims by employees. Ms. Harris Chiang has expertise in representing employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Labor Commissioner, United States Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Justice, National Labor Relations Board and various courts, on all areas of employment law. Such matters include Equal Pay Act claims, advising and assisting with audits to comply with Equal Pay Act laws and regulations, class actions and collective Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) actions, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration-based PAGA claims.
- U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law – J.D.
- Missouri State University – B.S.
- National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations, Vice President
- Queen’s Bench, Past President
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell