Avery Dial focuses his practice on commercial, professional liability (including directors & officers, attorneys, accountants and architects and engineers), insurance coverage, labor and employment, data privacy, intellectual property, product liability and wrongful death litigation.
Mr. Dial defends and prosecutes business matters including breach of contract, civil theft, conversion, breach of warranties, statutory violations, fraudulent business practices, professional malpractice, and entertainment matters. He also litigates insurance coverage matters where the underlying claims are business litigation, professional liability, or intellectual property matters.
Mr. Dial counsels and defends private businesses and municipalities on website and brick and mortar accessibility claims under Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. He also counsels and defends clients on actions brought under the Fair Housing Act.
Additionally, Mr. Dial is an experienced litigator for commercial and residential real estate matters including title claims, foreclosures, landlord tenant disputes, and breaches of contract on behalf of title insurers, banks, tenants, and property owners.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Southern District of Florida
- University of Florida Levin College of Law – J.D.
- University of Florida – B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
– Hurricane Assistance Attorney
- Broward County Bar Association
- DRI, Cybersecurity Specialized Litigation Group of the Commercial Litigation Committee
– Co-Vice Chair, 2015
- City of Fort Lauderdale Community Services Advisory Board 2004 – 2011
– Chair 2009 – 2011
- City of Fort Lauderdale Aviation Advisory Board, 2011 – 2013
- The Florida Bar Grievance Committee “H” in the 17th Judicial Circuit
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up & Comer, 2014 – 2018
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2015, 2016
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, Up & Comer, 2013
- Author, “Stuck in the 80s – Florida Statute 627.4265, a Legal Anachronism”, JD Supra, March 23, 2018
- Co-Author, “Burning Down The House – The Wyndham Decision Allows The FTC To Sue Businesses For Getting Hacked.” Fowler White Burnett, P.A. Legal Alert, September 14, 2015, Republished by JD Supra Business Advisor, September 18, 2015
- Author, “The Basics of Net Neutrality – What ‘You Oughta Know'”, JD Supra Perspectives, March 23, 2015
- Co-Author, “Undercover of the Night – Hacking, Data Breaches And The Terrorism Exclusion”, Fowler White Burnett, P.A. Legal Alert February 11, 2015, Republished by JD Supra Business Advisor, February 12, 2015
- Co-Author, “Land of Confusion: Insurance Coverage for Pre-Suit FCPA Investigation Costs Under D&O Liability Policies,” Fowler White Burnett, P.A. Legal Alert, August 12, 2014
- Co-Author, “Will Heartbleed Affect Data Breach Insurance Coverage?” JD Supra Business Advisor, April 15, 2014
- Speaker, “Life of a Litigator,” University of Miami, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, March 2018
- Panelist, “Walking the Line Without Stepping Off- Is it Time for ‘What’s My Line’ or ‘Jeopardy’?” (Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Topics), ALFA International Continuing Education Program, December 2017
- Speaker, “Data Breach and Privacy,” University of Miami, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, March 2017
- Speaker, “Data Breach, Privacy, and Confidentiality,” Broward County Bar Association 2016 Legal Malpractice Summit, October 2016
- Speaker, “Recent IP Malpractice Trends,” 7th Annual IP Symposium, Business Law Section of The Florida Bar, April 2016
- Speaker, “Litigation Considerations for Entrepreneurs” and “Insurance Coverage for Government Investigations,” University of Miami, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, April 2015
- Panelist, “Tripartite Relationships: The Ethical and Practical Considerations for Parties involved in Tripartite Relationships,” Claims Litigation Management Alliance Southern Chapter Educational and Networking Event, November, 2014
- Speaker, “The Life of an Insurance Coverage Breach of Contract Case,” University of Miami, Introduction to Business Law, April 2014
- Speaker, “Considerations for Entrepreneurs from a litigator’s perspective,” University of Miami, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, April 2014
- Speaker, “Performance, Breach, and Discharge,” University of Miami, Introduction to Business Law, April 2013
- Speaker, “Contract Remedies,” University of Miami, Introduction to Business Law, April 2013