Ashley Klein focuses her practice on commercial and residential real estate litigation.
She regularly represents real estate developers, REITs, property management companies, and homeowners in commercial litigation, purchase and sale disputes, landlord-tenant matters, construction and architectural litigation, quiet title actions, fraud and misrepresentation, and professional negligence. Her experience includes the successful representation of real estate developers, REITs, and homeowners in jury trials and private arbitration. Ms. Klein also counsels real estate entities and private investors on deals, investment strategies, and state and local regulations.
Ms. Klein is a specialist in California landlord-tenant matters. She regularly represents clients ranging from real estate investment trusts to homeowners in wrongful eviction defense, unlawful detainer, and property management matters. Ms. Klein has extensive experience counseling Bay Area landlords and homeowners about their rights and options under the San Francisco Rent Ordinance, State-Wide Rent Control regulations, the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act, and other local rent ordinances.
In 2018, Mayor London Breed appointed Ms. Klein to the San Francisco Rent Board, where she serves as one of four Landlord Commissioners. In 2020, Mayor Breed also appointed Ms. Klein to the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force to represent residential and commercial landlords on San Francisco’s economic recovery following state and local shelter-in-place orders.
Ms. Klein also serves as a board member of the San Francisco Association of Realtors. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers from 2020-2022 as a top-rated real estate attorney.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern California
- University of North Carolina School of Law – J.D.
- University of North Carolina – B. A., summa cum laude
- San Francisco Association of Realtors – Board Member
- San Francisco Rent Board – Landlord Commissioner
- Super Lawyers, 2022, 2021, 2020
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Adds Real Estate Partner Jaimie Bombard in San Francisco, News Release, March 30, 2022
- Kaufman Dolowich Expands In Bay Area With Veteran Litigator, Law360, August 12, 2021, featuring Aimee Hamoy, Esq.
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Expands Real Estate Practice With Addition of Four Attorneys in San Francisco and Sonoma