Allyson Thompson is a trial lawyer who focuses her practice on all aspects of employment litigation including Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and Title VII claims including race, national origin, age, gender, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environment and retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, whistleblower actions, breach of contract claims and Labor Code § 132(a) claims before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board and class action/PAGA defense. She is experienced in hearings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) as well as the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
In addition to litigation, Ms. Thompson provides all aspects of employment advice and counsel to employer clients, including preparation and assessment of multi-state employee handbooks, audit and compliance review of existing company policies and procedures, complete on-boarding advice including employee classification analysis, handling disability issues and navigating clients through the interactive process.
Of late, Ms. Thompson has been immersed in advising her clients through the rapidly evolving response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. She has prepared a number of CDC compliance policies and procedures, remote work agreements, and location specific weekly updates for her national clients.
Ms. Thompson frequently lectures to statewide business organizations as well as to private businesses and associations throughout the Southern California area on strategies to avoid employment related litigation, wage and hour issues, discrimination, preparation of key employment documents, and legislative changes to State and Federal labor laws.
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Lincoln Law School – J.D.
- University of Hawaii – B.A.
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association – President
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
- Society for Human Resources Management
- “HIPPA: Best Practices for HR – Ensuring Confidentiality of Medical Information” – Webinar: Allyson Thompson, Presenter (June 7, 2021)
- Avoiding Employment Related Litigation, Vol. III (February 2, 2021)
- Avoiding Employment Related Litigation, Vol. II (January 28, 2021)
- Avoiding Employment Related Litigation, Vol. I (January 27, 2021)
- Introduction to Employee Handbooks (January 20, 2021)