Abigail C. Horvat is an associate in KDV’s Chicago, Illinois office and focuses her practice on insurance coverage, labor and employment disputes and general negligence matters for corporate clients.
Ms. Horvat handles coverage dispute resolution through court litigation and arbitration. She provides clients with coverage analyses for claims and handles legal disputes for insurance carrier clients to reach a favorable resolution in matters involving financial institutions, commercial crime, professional liability, directors and officers liability and general negligence.
She utilizes her experience handling complex litigation involving construction and transportation indemnity agreements to advise clients in matters involving contract interpretation, general negligence and premises liability. With a background handling both civil and criminal appeals, she further advises clients with litigation strategy and the appellate process.
Prior to joining KDV, Ms. Horvat was an associate at another national firm representing carriers on complex coverage matters and handling cases involving motor carrier liability, industrial injuries and exposures, and pollution liability claims. She also handled litigation involving homeowners/condo-owners association disputes, nursing home/home health care negligence, and contractors liability disputes.
- United States District Court
- Northern District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- Ohio Wesleyan University, B.A., Communications
- Ohio Wesleyan University, B.A., Fine Arts
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- People v. Bloxton, 2020 IL App (1st) 181216
- Farmers Insurance Exchange v. Cheekati, 2022 IL App (4th) 21023