Aaron Solomon focuses his practice primarily in labor and employment law. His experience includes matters involving discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and he has handled claims brought under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, New York State Human Rights Law, New York City Human Rights Law, and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination. He has also defended single plaintiff as well as class and collective actions brought under the New York State Labor Law and the Fair Labor Standards Act. In addition, Mr. Solomon represents and counsels businesses in a wide variety of employment related matters including restrictive covenant disputes, ERISA lawsuits, and audits by the United States and New York State Departments of Labor. Mr. Solomon also provides advice and counsel to business regarding employment policies, layoffs and terminations, independent contractor relationships, WARN Act compliance, and the preparation of employee handbooks.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Solomon was an associate with a New York City-based firm, where in addition to employment law, he represented clients in matters involving civil rights, personal injury, commercial litigation and medical malpractice, and obtained jury trial experience before Federal and New York State courts.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Hofstra University School of Law – J.D.
- Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal
- Hofstra Moot Court
- Political Asylum Clinic
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Muhlenberg College – B.A.
- magna cum laude
- New York City Bar Association, Tort Committee
- New Legislation May Open The Floodgates For More Harassment Claims Under The NYSHRL
- Press Release: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes Four to Partner, Elevates Two to Counsel
- New York State and New York City Pass New Requirements for Employers to Combat Sexual Harassment
- 5 Employment Rules That Were Stymied In 2017, Law360, ft. Aaron Solomon
- KDV Alert: City Commission to Secretly Test Employer Hiring Practices
- A Cruel Choice: Patients Forced to Decide Between Medical Marijuana and Employment, Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal, Vol. 26, Iss. 2, Article 13
- Long Island Business News Features Aaron Solomon as Ones to Watch
- KDV Employment Law Alert: New York Employers Now Prohibited from Discriminating against Employees based on their Relationships or Associations
- KDV Employment Alert: New York City Businesses Face New Restrictions On Pre-Employment Criminal Background Checks