Helping Organizations Develop Effective Strategies to Minimize Liability Exposure
Regardless of the size of the company or the industry it operates within, all companies are at risk for legal claims and lawsuits. KDV’s Risk Management Practice is dedicated to helping clients minimize their liability exposure. Our lawyers counsel and advise businesses and firms of all sizes and types, from entrepreneurs and small professional organizations, to mid-size businesses, to large multinational corporations. We understand the diverse challenges that our clients face and work with them to develop plans and policies designed to protect their business, legal and financial interests.
KDV’s Risk Management Practice offers a broad range of services, including:
- Data Breaches. KDV is on the cutting-edge of analyzing and developing strategies aimed at mitigating data breaches and other types of cyber risks. We closely monitor and track emerging laws and developments and take aggressive action to address data security, privacy protection, insurance coverage and other critical issues that have the potential to impact our clients’ business operations.
- Internet & E-Commerce Liability. KDV works with established and start-up companies to evaluate risks related to their e-commerce and internet-related activities. Our lawyers perform comprehensive website audits to uncover potential liability exposure and work closely with clients to craft and implement procedures that mitigate these liabilities.
- Guidelines & Procedures. The attorneys at KDV recognize that developing comprehensive policies and procedures is one of the most effective ways to help companies avoid problems related to information security matters. Our attorneys work closely with our clients’ IT staffs to evaluate and update their information security policies to ensure they are taking the appropriate measures to protect against potential liability exposure.
- Personnel Policies, Employment Agreements and Restrictive Covenants. Conflicts between employers and employees can seriously disrupt the work environment. The attorneys in our Risk Management Practice work with clients to ensure they have personnel policies, employment agreements, restrictive covenants and other workplace documents in place to quickly and effectively address problems before they escalate into expensive legal claims and lawsuits.
- Human Resource Counseling. KDV’s attorneys are dedicated to helping employers identify and avoid activities that can lead to costly claims and legal battles. We leverage a deep understanding of labor and employment law to help companies craft practical strategies aimed at preventing routine and complex workplace issues.
- Human Resources Training. KDV provides human resources training on the diverse range of issues impacting relationships between employers and employees, ranging from harassment and workplace investigations to the hiring, disciplining and firing of workers. Our programs and seminars are designed to help companies avoid potential legal problems while fostering stronger relationships with their employees.
- Hotlines. Our firm offers a risk management hotline that provides information and assistance to individuals and businesses who maintain insurance coverage through our insurance carrier clients. Policyholders can access KDV attorneys through a hotline number in order to receive professional advice on a wide array of issues, ranging from developing organizational best practices to resolving potential liability claims before a lawsuit is filed.
- Wage and Hour Audits. Wage and hour audits can be highly intrusive and violations can result in exposure to significant damages. Our lawyers work with employers to develop compliance programs aimed at ensuring they are taking the right steps to comply with the wage and hour rules and requirements that may be applicable to them.
- Employment Practice Audits. Audits are an important tool that can help employers avoid employment law violations. The attorneys at KDV work with employers across the nation to evaluate existing systems and develop best practices to help ensure compliance with the full range of employment laws and regulations applicable to their operations.
|Attorney||Woodbury, New York|
|Co-Managing Partner of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck |
Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member
|Woodbury, New York|
|Of Counsel||Los Angeles, California|
|Partner||Los Angeles, California|
Chair, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice Group
|San Francisco, California|