Guiding Clients Through Vessel Purchases and Sales
Whether the purchase is for business or pleasure, purchasing a vessel is a substantial investment. These types of transactions tend to involve sophisticated legal issues that are best handled by a maritime lawyer well versed in facilitating vessel sales and purchases. The attorneys in KDV’s Maritime and Admiralty Law Practice have decades of experience navigating clients through all phases of vessel sales and transactions. We represent both buyers and sellers in connection with the sale and purchase of a wide variety of vessels, ranging from large and small ships to fishing boats to pleasure crafts, party boats and dinner cruise vessels.
When counseling a client involved in the sale or purchase of vessel, our attorneys utilize a proactive approach to identify and resolve potential issues that could lead to costly legal problems. We also take the time to fully understand our clients’ needs and objectives and provide support with every aspect of the transaction, including:
- Negotiating and drafting financing documents, including loan agreements, ship mortgages, assignments, pledges, guarantees and miscellaneous undertakings
- Preparing Bills of Sale and Preferred Ship Mortgages
- Conducting due diligence including determining whether any maritime liens exist against the vessel
- Recording documents of title and security interests with the U.S. Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center and respective ship registries
- Attending ship sale closings
- Resolving post-sale disputes
For over 30 years, businesses and individuals throughout the maritime community have relied upon our firm to deliver the highest quality legal services. Whether we are representing a vessel owner or a potential buyer, our clients trust that we will provide them with the legal advice they need to successfully negotiate and close these complex transactions.
|Partner||Woodbury, New York|
|Of Counsel||Hackensack, New Jersey|
|Partner||Hackensack, New Jersey|
|Co-Managing Partner, New Jersey OfficeChair of Maritime Practice Group||Hackensack, New Jersey , Washington, D.C.,|